January 30, 2011

Breakfast Pancakes





I usually spend my Sunday mornings in slow motion, without caring about the time, in lazy preparation for the week that will be starting on Monday with work and school.

I tried several recipes of pancakes already and the one I like most I found in one of my Christmas gift books – How to Be a Domestic Goddess, from Nigella Lawson. As I told a friend some days ago, I am amazed that every single recipe from this book works so well. As she describes in her book: “these are those thick, spongy American pancakes …”

This recipe is quite simple. You basically need all the ingredients, a blender and a non-stick skillet. And I would say a good quality maple syrup.

American Breakfast Pancakes
Recipe and Instructions extracted from Nigella Lawson How to be a Domestic Goddess book, page 77.

“225g plain flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar (I like to use 3 tablespoons of sugar in my recipe)
2 large eggs, beaten
30g butter, melted and cooled
300ml milk
Butter from frying

The easiest way to make these is to put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz. But if you do mix up the batter by hand in a bowl, make a well in the flour in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, beat in the eggs, melted butter and milk, and transfer to a jug: it’s much easier to pour the batter into the pan than to spoon it …When you cook the pancakes, all you need to remember is that when the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling it’s time to cook the second side, and this needs only a minute, if that”.
I've got 10 pancakes about 10cm large each.


P.S.: Sorry, just a few pictures today. We were busy enjoying our lazy morning! Hope you had a good one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment