November 21, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms



I think I am addicted to mushrooms! They are one of my favorite foods and I love that I can mix them with a variety of dishes and it is always going to taste better. A while ago I saw a recipe of stuffed mushrooms and went straight to the kitchen to try. In all honesty it wasn't what I expected. It tasted nothing (don't ask me why...) and the mushrooms were way too dry. So, last week after a trip to the market with more time than usual I came back home thinking again about Portobello mushrooms and how I could cook them.

I came up with the recipe below, which is quite simple and easy to follow. It was the first time I tried and the result was outstanding. I hope you like it as well.

Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe

1 tablespoon of olive oil
½ cup of chopped green peppers
½ onion chopped
2 gloves of garlic
1 medium tomato chopped
3 Portobello mushrooms
½ cup of chicken broth
Grated mozzarella cheese
Salt
Black pepper
Green onions


In a skillet add the olive oil and saute the onions and the garlic until tender. Add the green peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and the chicken broth and let is simmer until reduced to half.

Clean the mushrooms and remove the gills. Season them with salt and pepper. Add the cooked vegetables to the mushrooms and arrange them in a baking pan.


Bring the mushrooms to the pre-heated oven and cook them for 10 minutes in medium temperature. Remove the mushrooms from the oven add the mozzarella cheese and bake them for 2 more minutes to melt the cheese.

Spread the finely chopped green onions on each mushroom and it is ready to be served.



No comments:

Post a Comment