November 16, 2010

Chocolate Chips Cookie


 Another Saturday project…. My daughter Maria complained last week that I didn’t post anything she liked in MyVerySmallKitchen! I knew she was just asking for some extra attention since I had just returned from a three days trip to Bangkok. After few minutes debating what “she liked” we decided for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have to confess that I am not a “cookies” person. I appreciate that a lot of people love them but it was never one of my preferred picks.

Another confession is that since I’m not a big fan of cookies I didn’t have a Chocolate Chips Cookie recipe. To internet I had to go and in seconds I found several very promising recipes. The one we chose, and I say “we” because Maria had very strong opinions about what a cookie should look like or taste, was a recipe called “Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Cookies” from allrecipes.com.

Since I had done my bit of research during the week on how to make “the perfect cookie” I adapted the original recipe. This is what I used:

 200g of cold unsalted butter
100g of brown sugar
150g of white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
250g of white flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of table salt
100g of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Maria helped me and we started separating everything we would need for this recipe, measuring all ingredients. Next, I mixed the cold butter and the sugar with my hand mixer for about 10 minutes until the butter became fluffy and light.


The two eggs and the vanilla extract were added to the butter and sugar dough one at a time and mixed very well until totally incorporated. In a separate bowl we mixed all the other dry ingredients except the chocolate chips (flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder). We added the dry mixture to the butter dough and kept using the hand mixer for more 5minutes.


Next we stirred in the chocolate chips and at this point I have to tell you that I got a little girl in action….I don’t blame her, the dough smelled and looked great!

We scooped the chocolate mixture in a baking tray and flattened each scoop a bit to look like a cookie. We transfer the baking tray to the fridge and left it stay for 30 minutes. 


The cookies were baked in a preheated oven (200 degrees C) for about 15 minutes. I removed them from the baking tray and placed each cookie in a drying rack to cool down. 

 And this is how the cookies looked after cooling. Delicious, chocolaty, crunchy  in the outside and chewy on the inside. Just perfect for a Saturday afternoon.



 For the original recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment