February 6, 2011

Sunday Lunch: Steak


I am a shameless red meat lover! I am fully aware of all the researches and the benefits of not eating red meat but I can’t help it! In case you don’t know already I am Brazilian, from the very South of Brazil where not eating red meat is like being an alien! Barbecue is our most know and exported "food" and we are not talking about grilling some small burgers … we are talking about serious meat eating. 
  
Well, now that you probably understand why I am one of those people that goes to the supermarket and spend a considerable amount of time in front of the meat display section marveling about the color of the meat and the probable tenderness (or not) of each cut we can start discussing this post.
  
It all started in a Sunday morning after breakfast when I was wondering what to cook for lunch. In my very personal opinion there are two options for a Sunday lunch: a brunch, which is not lunch, and some sort of roasted something (beef, chicken, pork…). Since we had the brunch two days before I was left with the only possible option: a yummy, tender, fantastic smelling and tasting roast! So, off I went for some shopping and to my surprise I couldn’t find any cuts of meat that would be appropriate for roasting. But, I did find beautiful sirloin steaks and wasn’t difficult to change my mind and decide that was just what I needed.


 Back in the kitchen, I seasoned the steaks with salt and pepper ...


Seared them in very hot frying pan for 2 minutes on each side ...


 Transferred them to an oiled  baking sheet and brought to the oven for 10 minutes in 180o C ...

  
Yummmmmmmmm!!!!!


 Served with some mashed potatoes and asparagus.



No comments:

Post a Comment