May 30, 2011

Chicken Salad


Hi there, how was your week? Mine was chaotic with several things happening at the same time but at the end all worked out very well.

I feel that summer arrived in Hong Kong and we are having a mix of rainy and beautiful sunny days and if I could I would spend my days by the beach, doing nothing and enjoying my family and friends company. We have less than a month left before our move back to Brazil and the days are starting to go faster than they should.

For today’s post I have the easiest recipe that goes so well with hot days: a quick chicken salad. This salad can be a meal on its own or can be used for a nice sandwich filling. You choose.


Chicken Salad

1 cup of cooked chicken breast chopped
½ cup of green apples, peeled and chopped
½ cup of chopped celery
½ cup of green onions chopped
lettuce
½ cup of natural yogurt
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Salt and black pepper

1 - Start cooking the chicken breast. You can either poach it in water or vegetable stock or grill it. I like a mix of both so I get tender pieces of chicken mixed with crunchier grilled ones. If you are poaching the chicken in water I suggest that you add some seasoning to the water. Once cooked let it cool down;
2 - Peel the apples, remove the cores and chop them. Place the apples in a bowl filled with water and one tea spoon of salt so they don’t go brown;
3 - Wash one celery stick very well and chop it finely. Do the same with the green onions;
4 - In a medium bowl prepare the salad sauce mixing the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Reserve.
5 - In another bowl mix the chicken, apples, celery and green onions. Add the sauce and mix well until all pieces are coated. Serve with lettuce.


No comments:

Post a Comment