December 8, 2010

Roasted Pork Tenderloin


Saturday evening I roasted pork tenderloin for our dinner and received some nice compliments. I love when my daughter comes to the kitchen asking “What is this you are cooking mummy? It smells soooo good!!!
Our family has dinner together most of the evenings however it is not the same feeling as on weekends when we have more time and are not pressured by what is going to happen early in the next morning. So that’s the time that I usually cook something a bit more elaborated. I haven’t posted any of my dinner recipes yet because I simply don’t like my pictures with flash.  I do the pictures that you see here without any fancy equipment besides my good Nikon and as you can imagine I get the best results when I cook during the day. Anyway, from now on I will be sharing with you some of my dinner experiments as well.
Let’s go back to the topic of this post: Roasted Pork Tenderloin.  For this recipe I used 2 tenderloins weighting about 1,2 Kg in total. I prepared a mix of dried herbs with rosemary, thyme, oregano and sea salt to marinate the meat for two hours.

After that, in the stove top, I browned the tenderloins for about 5 minutes in low heat. Transferred the meat to the oven and roasted it for 30 minutes in medium-height temperature.


Before serving, I sliced the tenderloins and added a ready-made mushroom sauce.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
2 medium pork tenderloins
1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
1 tablespoon of dried thyme
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of sea salt
2 teaspoons of black pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment